New Delhi : The Government of India has announced a strategic action plan aimed at emancipating 30 cities from the scourge of beggary. Spearheaded by New Delhi, this initiative underscores the nation’s commitment to uplifting marginalized communities and preserving the sanctity of its historical and religious sites. Let’s delve into the details of this transformative endeavor!
Unveiling the Blueprint for Change
The blueprint for this ambitious project entails a comprehensive survey of adults, women, and children engaged in begging across the designated cities. With a focus on rehabilitation, the government pledges to provide necessary support systems to reintegrate these individuals into society. Furthermore, a concerted campaign will be launched to eradicate beggary from religious and historical tourist destinations, ensuring a more dignified experience for visitors.
Embracing Progress: A Closer Look at the Plan
- Inaugural Phase:
- The central government has meticulously curated a list of 30 cities, marking the commencement of this transformative journey.
- Notably, five cities from Madhya Pradesh, including Ujjain, Omkareshwar, Sanchi, Khajuraho, and Indore, stand poised to lead the charge against beggary.
- Ministry’s Mandate:
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has drafted a robust action plan aimed at liberating these cities from the shackles of beggary.
- Central to this initiative is the impending launch of a national portal and mobile application, slated for mid-February.
- Harnessing Technology:
- Leveraging the power of technology, the government intends to identify individuals engaged in begging and update their status on the national portal via the dedicated mobile application.
- Subsequently, monthly reports will be compiled to track the progress of rehabilitation efforts, including skill development and educational initiatives.
FAQs: Demystifying the Initiative
Q: What prompted this initiative to combat beggary?
A: The initiative stems from the government’s commitment to social welfare and the desire to foster inclusive growth across urban landscapes.
Q: How will the rehabilitation process unfold?
A: Rehabilitation efforts will encompass a multifaceted approach, including skill development programs, access to education, and socio-economic empowerment initiatives.
Q: What role does technology play in this endeavor?
A: Technology serves as a catalyst for real-time data collection, facilitating targeted interventions and ensuring accountability in the rehabilitation process.
Liberate 30 cities from beggary
As India embarks on this transformative journey to liberate 30 cities from beggary, the nation stands at the precipice of monumental change. Through concerted efforts and unwavering resolve, the government aims to usher in a new era of dignity and opportunity for those marginalized by society. With New Delhi leading the charge, India paves the way for a brighter, more inclusive future for all its citizens.