Thomas Cook India & SOTC Travel observe growing demand for exclusive and immersive travel experiences
Launch luxury Arctic and Antarctica Cruises targeting India’s discerning travellers
o 14-17 day cruises at Attractive Prices
o Exceptional experiences: the Drake Passage & Antarctic Convergence, the Prins Christian Sund, Greenland’s magnificent landscapes…
o Majestic wildlife encounters: penguins, whales, polar bears, and more
o Outdoor – Adventure experiences: hiking, camping, kayaking options
o Interacting with local Inuit tribes at traditional villages
Thomas Cook India, India’s leading integrated travel services company and its Group company, SOTC Travel, have introduced exclusive luxury cruise holidays to the polar extremes of the Arctic and Antarctic. Targeted at India’s discerning travellers, the cruises have been designed to offer spectacular landscapes and unparalleled experiences to ensure a journey of a life time.
Travelling away from crowds - to destinations renowned for natural beauty while indulging in immersive experiences - has emerged as a key trend during the COVID-19 era. To tap into this growing demand, Thomas Cook India and SOTC Travel have introduced cruise holidays to Arctic and Antarctica offering breath-taking natural vistas, majestic wildlife, awe-inspiring and relatively untouched terrain with a glimpse into the lives of local cultures living in extreme environments.
Each sailing offers a bucket list of un-matched experiences such as: crossing the Drake Passage and the Antarctic Convergence, a glimpse of the bustling penguin colonies in South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula, a visit to the home of the majestic Polar Bear in Watkins Fjord, etc. On board the Thomas Cook India and SOTC Arctic and Antarctic cruise holidays, customers are offered a luxurious experience on the Ponant Cruise or the MV Sea Spirit: a range of delectable international cuisines, entertainment and live shows, sports and leisure activities, spas, scenic views from the comfort of their own private balcony, among others. In addition, customers can opt for exciting activities from kayaking, camping, hiking or polar region photography.
Antarctic Peninsula (14 Days)
· 2 Nights stay at the Buenos Aires Marriott or similar
· 1 Night at the Arakur Hotel in Ushuaia – the stunning gateway to the 7th Continent
· 10 Nights on board the Luxury Expedition Ship: Sea Spirit
· Stay in Deluxe Suites with Balcony. Exciting encounters with whales, penguins and other marine wildlife using a fleet of Zodiac crafts
· Free upgrade to Premium Suite on booking before January 31, 2021*
Arctic Cruise (17 Days)
· 2 Nights stay at the Novotel Tour Eiffel, Paris or similar
· 14 Nights on board the Ultra Luxury Ponant Cruise
· Stay in Prestige Staterooms with Balcony
· Experience the magnificent landscape of Greenland
· Unlimited Alcoholic & Non Alcoholic Beverages on board the cruise
· Visiting traditional villages and meeting the Inuit people, indulge in activities such as hiking, visit to the lava caves in Jan Mayen, etc.
· Sail along the Prins Christian Sund, a narrow, 100-km long passage that winds its way through cliffs and glaciers
· Flight from Paris – Longyearbeyn (Svalbard)
· Flight from Kanergerlussuaq (Greenland) to Paris
Mr. Rajeev Kale, President & Country Head – Holidays, MICE, Visa, Thomas Cook (India) Ltd. said, “The COVID lockdown period has resulted in an unprecedented surge in demand for bucket list destinations - away from crowds and combined with immersive experiences. Keeping this in mind, we are delighted to introduce luxury cruises to Arctic and Antarctica, targeted at India’s discerning HNI-UHNI segment. Given that sailing the majestic seas of the Arctic and Antarctic regions are available only for a few months each year, this exclusive product has been launched well in advance - to enable our customers avail of special early bird discounts to avail of a once in a lifetime holiday experience.”