Plum Appoints Five Senior Leaders to Fast-Track Employee Health Insurance in India
Strengthens leadership team to support vision of insuring 10 million by 2024
New Delhi ,
Plum, an employee health insurance platform, today announced the appointment of five senior leaders – Akshay Golechha as Head of Partnerships, Avinash Nagla as Head of Enterprise Marketing, Ramya Lakshmanan as Head of Account Management, Shreyas Achar as Head of Digital Marketing and Vinod Chandramouli as Vice President of Sales.The diverse set of leaders, with vast experience in their fields will strengthen Plum’s leadership as it accelerates adoption of group health insurance in India; making it accessible and affordable for companies, startups and SMEs alike. The leadership team will incorporate their vast experience to innovate and challenge the status quo of the insurance industry.
Meet the leaders:
● Akshay Golechha, Head of Partnerships, joins with a strong background in private equity investing. Prior to this, he worked at Singapore-based Temasek where he focused on investing in India’s leading insurance and consumer majors.
● Avinash Nagla joins Plum as Head of Enterprise Marketing and will be responsible for setting up its demand-generation strategy. Prior to Plum, Avinash headed Marketing for the EMEA region at HighRadius and also scaled the Global Account-based Marketing function. Avinash comes with over 10 years of experience in B2B and B2C marketing.
● Ramya Lakshmanan comes with over 14 years of experience across multiple disciplines from software development, project management and consulting to global customer service. As Head of Account Management at Plum, she will be responsible for customer retention, satisfaction, engagement and delivering value.
● Shreyas Achar has over 12 years of experience in building and growing marketing teams at companies such as Razorpay and CleverTap. As Head of Digital Marketing, he will oversee the entire marketing strategy, branding and positioning campaigns and performance optimisation across channels; from acquisition to engagement and retention.
● Vinod Chandramouli, joins Plum as Vice President – Sales and will be responsible for implementing Plum’s growth strategy. Vinod headed the ASEAN Business at Freshworks and helped set up its Asia region operations. In his six years at Freshworks, he also ran its Global Presales organisation.
Plum Co-founder and CEO Abhishek Poddar said, “We are delighted to have onboard a diverse leadership that believes in our mission of insuring 10 million lives by 2024. Together, we will accelerate the pace of health insurance adoption across businesses; large or small alike. The depth of experience and insight they bring will help invigorate our organisation and sustain the growth momentum as we expand our presence among corporates and startups across the country. The new leaders join our 100-plus strong team — the only defensible moat in our business and the long-term differentiator between us and our competitors.”
Plum aims to emerge as an advisor to corporates to effectively plan their employee health and wellness initiatives. The new-age insurtech startup, has successfully brought together like-minded individuals and built a team of over 100 employees since its inception in late 2019.
Plum Co-founder, CTO and Head of Wellness, Saurabh Arora said, “I am delighted to welcome our new leadership team and look forward to working with them towards our shared vision of providing health insurance to the maximum number of people in India. I have no doubt they will help take the company to new and uncharted territories of growth and create lasting value for its customers.”
Plum is building an ecosystem to cover India’s ‘missing middle’ that does not have access to affordable health insurance. Further, as it scales, the company is building a comprehensive platform that combines health insurance and also offers comprehensive health and wellness to all companies that care for their employees and think health-first. The company has witnessed a strong pull from fast-growing startups and is currently working with over 1,000 organisations including unicorns, such as Unacademy, Slice and Groww.