- Minister of Tribal Affairs, Shri Arjun Munda, interacted with the EMRS students of Jharkhand today via Video Conferencing on 22nd February, 2022
- 7 schools situated in various districts of Jharkhand took part in the interaction.
- The principals and the students had an open discussion with the Minister, Shri Arjun Munda.
- Shri Anil Kumar Jha, Secretary, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, apprised the students about the various beneficial Scholarship Schemes of the Ministry for the Scheduled Tribe Students.
- Shri Munda deliberated on exam stress and the benefits of participating in the PPC 2022, the significance of values and morals, scholarship schemes and shared his memories of school days
New Delhi ,
The Union Minister of Tribal Affairs, Shri Arjun Munda, interacted with the students of seven Eklavya Model Residential Schools situated in the various districts of Jharkhand via video conferencing mode on 22nd February, 2022.
During the lively interaction, the Minister stated that the Government has taken up the challenge of education of tribal population in mission mode and we are working to catapult them to international levels. To this effect, the government has sanctioned new 452 Eklavya Model Residential Schools to fill the gap in the education of tribal children and a large number of these schools are proposed to be opened in remote areas and at block level. These schools will provide quality education for all round development of the tribal students, the Minister added. He further stated that the Prime Minister laid foundation stone of 50 EMRSs on Janjatiya Gaurav Divas i.e 15th November, 2021, out of which 20 are located in Jharkhand. Giving more details, Sh Arjun Munda said that during last few years’ efforts have been made to step up the quality of education in these schools as a result of which we now see many toppers and winners emerging from EMRSs in different fields like academics, sports, cultural activities among others. The students are also being involved in social and nation building activities like Poshan Abhiyaan, Swachchta Mission among others. Moral values and character building should be the focus of education , the Minister said. The Minister said that a large number of scholarships are available to tribal children for taking up higher studies like post-matric scholarship, scholarship for higher education, national fellowship, scholarship for overseas education, and the endeavor is to give out as many scholarships to the ST students as possible.
Giving the example of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, he said that it is the first time that the Prime Minister of the country, in such a busy schedule, has been interacting with the students through a unique programme ParikshaPeCharcha(PPC). The Prime Minister has been guiding students before their exams to remain stress-free and take part in the exams with confidence. The Minister exhorted the students of EMRSs shouldalso come forward and involve as well as deliberate with the Prime Minister in the programme ParikshaPeCharcha 2022 for students before the exams.