When we do not take our car on the roads without an insurance then why do we take our body out without insurance said Padma Shri and Dr B C Roy National Awardee Dr KK Aggarwal, President Heart Care Foundation of India. He said that :
1. Everybody should be insured and for those who cannot, the government must pay for their insurance. Insurance should be added in the prescription of any doctor.
2. Even if a patient has a disease, he or she needs insurance so that he is covered for other illnesses. Remember one is entitled for 1% of the cover as room rent or 2% for the ICU bed.
3. The coverage amount is for one full year. Do not exhaust it in one admission.
4. The patients should choose their insurance so that even OPD treatment is added to the coverage.
5. A person can have more than one insurance policy.
6. Health is not mere absence of disease but a state of physical, mental, social, environmental, spiritual and financial well being.
7. The purpose of life should be to desire for inner happiness and for that to earn righteously.
8. One must plan for the old age; remember that today one can live above the age of 80. An old age treatments can be very costly.
9. Most disputes are due to property and one must write his or her will in time. Property dispute is number one cause of heart attack in the country.
10. All doctors should be insured against malpractice. To err is human and malpractice is not a criminal negligence.
11. The banks should come out with schemes so that patients can get loans for treatments on the spot.