Personal freedom of artists, writers is under threat – PM is vitiating the atmosphere
These days the Bharat Jodo Yatra of Congress is in Maharashtra under the leadership of Rahul Gandhi. Here too, Rahul Gandhi is getting full support for Bharat Jodo Yatra. Especially in the area through which the yatra is passing, people in traditional costumes are welcoming Rahul Gandhi.
They are being warmly welcomed by the people showing them the authentic Marathi culture. Everyday a large number of people are joining this yatra. A senior leader of the party told that on Sunday, about 250 big litterateurs of Maharashtra have also supported Rahul Gandhi’s Bharat Jodo Yatra.
Rahul Gandhi’s Bharat Jodo Yatra is in Hingoli district of Maharashtra. Writers in Hingoli met Rahul Gandhi and gave their support and also handed over a letter to Rahul Gandhi.
The five major issues written in the letter are as follows-
1) Secularism (We do not like the present government. We also do not accept your soft Hindutva.)
2) Economic policy- unemployment, decrease in income
3) Education (Expensive education opposing the contract system of education)
4) Farmers/Labourers- Farmers are committing suicide. Labor law is wrong.
5) Personal freedom of artist, writer is in danger at this time, the current Prime Minister is spoiling the atmosphere. PLC/GT