Panasonic, the global leader in innovation and technology, today announced its new range of SMART VIERA flat panel televisions centered on five pillars of- quality picture, networking, easy operation, design and eco-friendliness. These models ranging from 24 to 55 inches are priced between Rs. 13,990 to Rs. 3, 20,000. With the latest series of smart VIERA TVs, home theatre systems and DVD players launched today, Panasonic further strengthens its product portfolio and aims at bringing new entertainment experiences for customers’ right into their living room.
With select VIERA Connect models, Panasonic also introduced a new range of smart applications which allow consumers to interact with their Smart VIERA TVs:
- Swipe & Share lets the consumers share private contents via VIERA remote App. Now one can enjoy photos, music and movies on VIERA and Smartphone anytime and can even display the same web pages on VIERA and smart phone with ease
- Browse & Share app enables the browser to support HTML5 pages, so that consumers can browse the internet much like a PC. Unlike a PC, though the large screen allows the whole family or a group of friends to comfortably view a wide variety of content
- Watch & Chat app enables you to stay in touch with your friends through Twitter or Facebook timeline which gets displayed on the side screen while watching TV. Now the sports fan can watch live games while upping the excitement by chatting with friends as the game unfolds. One can either use their smart phone or a Bluetooth compatible keyboard as a remote control for writing text
Besides 3D content and internet connectivity, Smart VIERA comes with a bundle of features for a unique television viewing experience:
- Super High Speed 1,600Hz Backlight Scanning for LED TVs
- High efficiency LED backlight to reduce power consumption
- Wide viewing angle – IPS LED Panel
- Ultra fast Neo Plasma panel for sharp and crisp
- Built in Wi-Fi
Announcing the launch, Mr. Daizo Ito, President, Panasonic India stated, “India has been one of the most important countries and potential growth area, owing to the vibrant energy and high potential in the country and Panasonic continues to bring latest innovation in technology and solutions customized to consumer lifestyles here. We are also reaching out to the deeper pockets with our wide range of products through widened distribution and channel network. With the new range of flat panel televisions and home theatre systems, Panasonic is reiterating its commitment to the Indian market.”
Talking about the new marketing strategy for Viera flat panels, Mr. Manish Sharma, Managing Director, Consumer Product Division, Panasonic India said, “Panasonic is betting on flat panel televisions that bring in over 40 per cent of revenue and our range LED, LCD & Plasma TVs branded as SMART VIERA is the first engine growth driver for Panasonic’s business. Primarily targeted at the tech savvy generation of consumer, we will be making an investment of Rs. 210 crores towards marketing and promotions for this segment this year.” He further added, “With the latest introduction in existing line-up of SMART VIERA, we are aiming to capture 15% market share in flat panel category inIndia this year.”
Gracing the occasion, Panasonic Viera brand ambassador and leading Bollywood actor, Ranbir Kapoor said, “Proud to be associated with Panasonic for the fourth consecutive year, I have always enjoyed being part of the VIERA brand as this campaign delivers a message that I personally believe in. I am really thrilled about the new VIERA Connect apps that enable you to stay in touch with your friends while watching TV. It is a pleasure to endorse the brand which connects with the sentiments of people and understands the ever evolving requirements of consumers.”
Panasonic Smart VIERA range of TV’s equipped with futuristic technologies such as IPTV applications enable consumers to connect with the entire world in the smartest possible manner. It lets you save electricity and conserve the environment, without any hassle. The new models combine eco sensibility with superior product performance and enhanced networking functionality in a slim profile and extremely attractive design.
At Panasonic, designers and engineers constantly endeavor to ensure that each evolution of product is better than its previous version by following stringent process to develop products that are more energy efficient and long lasting.