Mahindra launches all new global scooter GUSTO
- The Italian styled, technologically advanced GUSTO, is the first global scooter to be developed at Mahindra Two Wheelers’ state-of-art R&D Centre in Pune.
- Creating new benchmarks in styling, performance, ride quality and comfort, the GUSTO comes with a wide array of consumer inspired technology features
- Height Adjustable Seat: GUSTO is India’s first scooter to offer a Height Adjustable Seat. Now anyone in the family can effortlessly ride the scooter despite his or her height by simply raising or lowering the seat height.
- Innovations: GUSTO has a host of category-first features like Remote Flip Key, Find-Me Lamps, Guide Lamps, Bright Halogen Head Lamp with LED pilot lamps, easy Front Kick and a Quick Storage compartment
- Italian Styling: GUSTO boasts of a distinctive, bold, and aspirational style
- Performance: It is powered by the high performance, refined 110 cc M-TEC engine with advanced features such as a stronger crankshaft and bearings, high inertia magneto, high energy HT coil and series regulator to deliver superior power, efficiency and reliability.
- Ride Quality: The large 12 inch wheels, front telescopic suspension with air springs, long stroke hydraulic rear suspension, high ground clearance, wide wheel base and tubeless tyres, ensure best-in-class ride quality, safety and stability, even on the toughest roads.
- Available in 2 variants : GUSTO Dx and GUSTO Vx
- Launched in Northern and Western India. Phased rollout to Rest of India, South Asia, Latin America & Africa in a few months
- An astonishing introductory price of only Rs 43593(Dx, Ex-Showroom Chandigarh) and Rs 47593( Vx, Ex-Showroom Chandigarh)
The name - GUSTO, is derived from the word ‘Gust’, which is a sudden strong current of wind, symbolizing the spirit of freedom. The host of consumer inspired technology innovations on the Gusto are thus expected to usher in winds of change in the way consumers experience scooters. The Mahindra GUSTO is India’s first scooter with a unique patented Height Adjustable Seat, making it easy for anyone to effortlessly adjust the seat height as per their individual needs.
GUSTO’s distinctive, bold and aspirational styling has its origins in Italy. It’s advanced (M-TEC) engine and vehicle design offer superior performance, efficiency, reliability, ride quality and comfort. It is packed with innovative features such as the Remote Flip Key, Find-Me Lamps, Guide Lamps, Bright Halogen Head Lamp with LED pilot lamps, easy Front Kick and a Quick Storage compartment, all designed to provide a delightful consumer experience.
The elaborate design process involved extensive consumer research, and the leveraging of deep consumer insights. The GUSTO has undergone rigorous validation and testing over many months.
Rajesh Jejurikar, Chief Executive – Farm Equipment & Two Wheeler Division & Member of the Group Executive Board said, "The Gusto is Mahindra’s first ground-up scooter developed entirely in house. Based on deep consumer insights, it deploys innovative technology to create a category defining product, which will provide exceptional value in the fast growing 100 cc scooter market. This is truly what our Rise philosophy is about. With the Gusto, we are committed to further consolidating our Two Wheeler business in India and globally."
Sarosh Shetty, Vice President- Marketing, Mahindra Two Wheelers said, "The Italian styled Gusto is powered by the smooth & fuel efficient M-TEC engine. It is India’s first scooter with a Height Adjustable Seat. The telescopic suspension with air springs and 12- inch wheels give it a best-in-class ride experience. Other category-first features like Remote Flip Key, Find-Me Lamps and bright Halogen Head Lamp with LED Pilot Lamps, create amazing value."
The GUSTO is being launched at an extremely attractive introductory price of Rs 43593 (Ex-showroom Chandigarh) for the GUSTO Dx variant. The top end GUSTO Vx variant is priced at Rs 47593 (Ex-showroom Chandigarh)
The GUSTO will first be launched in the Northern and Western parts of the country. It will then be rolled out in phased manner to the rest of the country over the next few months. The coming months will also see the GUSTO being launched globally across South Asia, Latin America and Africa.