Madhya Pradesh has become the first state in India to accomplish successful film / tv shootings under strict guidelines amidst pandemic
Madhya Pradesh is the first state to start the film promotions post the unlock. The state is taking all the necessary measure for the shooting. The government released a set of Standard Operating Guiding Principles to restart the film shooting in the state that has to be followed at all the places where shootings will take place.
Madhya Pradesh also has predominantly a Hindi speaking state, making it more viable and manageable for Bollywood pictures. The peaceful law and orders are another supporting factor. The availability of production facilities, Line Producers, Artists, Local Crew etc, makes it much more economical to shoot here.
Till now more than 200 projects including feature films, TV Serial/Series, TVCs & Reality shows have been shot in Madhya Pradesh, of which few names are Stree, Sui-Dhaga, Kalank, Manikarnika, Luka Chhupi, Padman, Toilet ek Prem Katha, Bajirao Mastani, Paan Singh Tomar, Lion, C, Aarakshan, Raajneeti.
Currently few renowned actors like Anupam kher and Bhumi Phednekar has completed the shooting in Madhya Pradesh for their movies. And few shootings with actors like Vidya balan is in pipeline around last week of November.
Commenting on the restart of the shoot Mr Anupam kher said“ It is picture wrap for our movie #TheLastShow!! What an amazing, creatively satisfying and courageous journey it has been. We will miss this time together. But I think we have created something, the memories of which will last us for a lifetime. ‘Thank you’ is a small expression to express our gratitude. But we couldn’t have created this gem without the help of #MPGovt, local authorities and people of #Bhopal. Especially @mptourism dept. Jai Ho to you all. #Film #PassionAndPaseenaFilms”
Madhya Pradesh Tourism department is liable to coordinate with the different concerned departments for shoot permission on behalf of Film maker. To simplify the shoot permission and making Madhya Pradesh a shooting friendly state, Film Tourism Policy is being developed.
The vision of this Policy is to make Madhya Pradesh a major Film making hub & generate a number of employment opportunities in the state.
Facilities MP tourism is providing following things to the producers/directors -
- Dedicated Film Facilitation cell shall work as a nodal agency to ease out the shooting permissions through single window clearance system.
- Authentic shooting locations
- Film Friendly Authorities and strong Govt. support
- Easy Permissions
- Modern Infrastructure and omnipresent hotels
- Favorable law and order condition
- Cost effective infrastructure, crew, local talent and other skillful workforce
- Hindi speaking people, food/cuisine flexibility and ideal climate
Comfort of doing shooting in MP –
- A dedicated online film web portal shall be created to provide a single -point interface and time bound clearance mechanism for filmmakers intending to shoot in Madhya Pradesh.
- All the applications shall be received through online mode by the Film Facilitation Cell and action shall be taken in coordination with the concerned department for permission.
- The Portal shall also act as a platform for information dissemination related to film tourism policy and shall also act as a forum for the dissemination and the rules, regulations, also provide information on grants and other utility services.
About Madhya Pradesh Tourism:
- Madhya Pradesh offers an assortment of attractions to everyone who loves to travel. It is the state with the forest area cover of approx. 77,700 sq.kms (Approx ¼ of the total land area) filled with Sal Trees & Bamboos. It has numerous wildlife hotspots with 11 National parks & 24 Wildlife sanctuaries such as Ratapani Wildlife Sanctuary and Chambal Ghadiyal Sanctuary. The UNESCO World Heritage sites at Khajuraho, Bhimbetka & Sanchi are the iconic sites in the state. Madhya Pradesh has re-gained the tag of being “The Tiger State of the Country” by having maximum Tiger count (526) in the state. The roar of Tigers has increased in the dense and beautiful forests of Madhya Pradesh.
- Madhya Pradesh is not only home to two Jyotirlingas Mahakaleshwar and Omkareshwar. Burhanpur, Bhopal, Gwalior and Mandu are some of the beautiful architectural sites, whereas lndrasagar, Gandhi sagar, Tawa and Bargi are the spellbinding water bodies. Cultural events like Khajuraho Dance Festival, Mandu Festival, Orchha Cultural Festival, Tansen Festival are some of the annual tourism promotional festivals to attract tourists from all walks of life.
- Since more than four decades Madhya Pradesh Tourism is facilitating high standard travel services for travellers visiting Central India for Tourism. Madhya Pradesh is an important state of Central India with an enormous scope for tourism, covering all types of tourism like heritage tourism, wildlife tourism, cultural tourism, pilgrimage, tribal tourism, rural tourism etc. Their sincere efforts to manifest such aspect of Central India tourism to rest of the world so that tourists can come and explore Central India tourist places, trace their history, enjoy their holidays and return with beautiful memories is the USP.