It’s time to put on your Apron and master these recipes for your family during the lockdown period
Who doesn’t know cooking is an ultimate stress buster? And what better time to take out your aprons amidst the gloom which has engulfed the world. So, let’s tell you how to trynew recipes at home for your family during this period? If you don’t know where to start from, worry not, Del Monte brings you some recipes that can be tried for Breakfast, Lunch or for Evening Brunchto add to the precious moments! Be it kids or adults, these recipes will be an instant hit with all.
Tomato Onion Bruchetta Mint Mayo
- 1 Cup Del Monte Mint Mayo
- 1 Loaf Of Baguette Or Italian Bread Roll
- FINELY CHOPPED 2 Onions
- FINELY CHOPPED 2 Tomatoes
- 1-2 TSP Olive Oil
- 1 TSP Pepper Powder
- 2 TBSP Butter
- To taste Salt
- Finely chopped 8 Basil Leaves
- Take a tissue paper and press it over the chopped tomatoes. Ensure that all the liquid from the tomatoes is absorbed.
- In a mixing bowl add tomato, onion, basil leaves, olive oil, pepper powder and salt.
- Refrigerate the onion and tomato mixture for 20 minutes.
- Slice the bread diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices. Apply butter on both sides of bread slices.
- For this, heat a tava and toast the slices till they turn brownish.
- Once the slices cool, arrange them on a plate.
- Top the toasted slices with 1-2 tablespoon mint mayo.
- Top this with 2 tablespoon of onion tomato mixture and serve
One Pot Pasta with Olives And Mushrooms
- 2 Cups Del Monte Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- 4-5 Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 2-3 Tomatoes
- 6 Cloves Garlic (Chopped)
- 1 & 1/2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 Drops Lemon Juice
- 1 & 1/2 TSP Red Pepper (Crushed)
- Some salt to taste
- Few Olives for garnish
- Boil the velvety Del Monte Whole Wheat Spaghetti according to the package directions. Add a little olive oil and a pinch of salt to prevent the pasta from sticking.
- While the pasta is boiling you can grill whole tomatoes and dice them up. Just keep checking the pasta from time to time to make sure it’s not sticking.
- Next, heat oil in a pan and toss in chopped garlic and mushrooms with crushed red pepper.
- Add roasted and diced tomatoes and cook till they are mushy.
- Season the now cooked sauce with salt and a dash of lemon juice.
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Del Monte Pitted Black Olives
- 1 Cup Paneer Tikka
- 1 Cup Green Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup Yellow Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Del Monte Pitted Green Olives
- 4 TBSP Del Monte Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Mixed Herbs
- Add Paneer Cubes, Green bell pepper, pitted Black olives, Red bell pepper, Pitted Green olives and cherry tomatoes to each skewer.
- Heat the Del Monte extra virgin olive oil in a pan and add mixed herbs to it.
- Place the skewers in the heated oil and let them fry.
- Add Mozzarella cheese cubes once done.
- Olive sticks are now ready to serve.