New Delhi : The Prime Minister Modi’s push for tourism has set off a remarkable upswing in religious tourism, causing a meteoric rise in the shares of tourism sector giant ITDC. Recent days have seen an impressive surge of over 31 percent in ITDC shares, yielding returns of a staggering 81.84 percent for investors. The overall growth of this stock has shot up by an impressive 135 percent in the last six months. Simultaneously, the government’s commitment to fostering tourism was underscored in the recently presented interim budget, allocating a whopping Rs 2,449.62 crore for the fiscal year 2024-25, marking a substantial 44.7 percent increase from the previous year’s Rs 1692.10 crore allocation.
Religious Tourism: A Financial Revelation
- Booming ITDC Shares
- ITDC shares witness an unprecedented surge of over 31 percent.
- Investors revel in returns reaching a remarkable 81.84 percent.
- Overall stock growth impressively clocks in at 135 percent in the last six months.
- Government’s Financial Commitment
- Interim budget allocates Rs 2,449.62 crore for tourism in the fiscal year 2024-25.
- A significant 44.7 percent increase from the previous year’s allocation of Rs 1692.10 crore.
- States encouraged to develop and brand iconic tourism centers.
- Strategic Framework for Tourism Development
- Framework to rate tourist centers based on quality of facilities and services.
- States to receive long-term interest-free loans for equal development opportunities.
- Emphasis on branding Ayodhya, Mathura, Kashi, and Prayagraj as world-class tourist destinations.
Religious Tourism Renaissance Unleashed
The ripple effect of this financial boost is palpable across major religious tourist destinations like Varanasi, Ayodhya, Mathura, Vindhyachal, and Chitrakoot. Development initiatives are swiftly underway, with the Srikashi Vishwanath Corridor in Varanasi and the Ram Temple in Ayodhya taking center stage. The consecration of Ramlala in Ayodhya paves the way for state governments to enhance the allure of key tourist and religious sites, not just in Uttar Pradesh but across the country.
- Ayodhya’s Divine Transformation
- Completion of the Ram Temple and consecration of Ramlala open doors for broader development.
- Other states, including UP, set to enhance major tourist and religious destinations.
- Beautification Drive Across States
- Mathura, Vindhyachal, Prayagraj, Gorakhpur, Chitrakoot, and Jhansi earmarked for beautification.
- A flurry of development works to augment the charm of these historical and religious hubs.
Tourism Beyond Borders
Finance Minister’s vision for comprehensive tourism development extends beyond domestic borders. The emphasis on infrastructure and port connectivity projects is poised to give an immense boost to domestic tourism. Lakshadweep, highlighted by the Finance Minister due to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s recent visit, exemplifies the potential for local entrepreneurship in the country’s tourism sector.
- Infrastructure and Connectivity Boost
- Infrastructure and port connectivity projects to catapult domestic tourism.
- Lakshadweep visit underscores opportunities for local entrepreneurship.
- Island Facelift
- Plans underway to enhance facilities on numerous islands across India.
- Aiming to transform these islands into tourist havens.
Budget’s resounding support
The interim budget’s resounding support for the religious tourism sector is not just a financial windfall but a transformative force. As iconic destinations gear up for a world-class facelift, investors revel in the unprecedented surge of ITDC shares. The government’s commitment to inclusive development, long-term interest-free loans, and strategic branding will not only elevate the religious tourism experience but also invigorate the overall tourism landscape. Brace yourselves for a tourism boom as India’s cultural and religious heritage takes center stage in the global travel arena!