– Kapil Goswamy –
The economic page in every newspaper has given a clear analysis of the country’s economic station. With a nominal increase in per-capita earnings, India’s economy is moving upwards slowly.
While dollars, pounds, and other foreign currencies are playing strong in the money exchange market, the Indian rupee is struggling to have a strong foothold in the economy. However, there are international destinations where an Indian may feel rich and can indulge in the extravaganza on a vacation.
Here are the 7 international destinations listed by Mr. Kapil Goswamy, CMD, BigBreaks.com where Indian currency is whooping strong and can curb the fear of expenses incurred during a holiday abroad.
1. Kingdom of Bhutan- Located in the South-Asia, this eastern Himalayan landscape is known for its lofty mountain ranges, serene panorama, and amiable localities. The only constitutional monarchy to adopt Gross National Happiness as the marker of a developing economy is almost a doorway to the hypothetical heaven.
The alluring sight of snow-capped Himalaya from Jakar AKA Bumthang, Jigme Dorji National Park, Gangkar Puensum the highest mountain in Bhutan, Haa valley in western Bhutan is paradise for nature lovers.
A visit to Zorig Chusum School of traditional arts can be exciting for art lovers to experience the 13 art forms one can learn at the school.
Currency Exchange- Rs. 1.00 is equal to 1 Bhutanese Ngultrum.
2. Sri Lanka – Incessant beaches, undying ruins, convivial people, and oodles of elephants, undulating surf, fun trains, the aroma of tea and delectable food make Sri Lanka irresistible to travel lovers.
Gal Vihara, the colossal Abhaygiri Dagoba, a stroll through the Quadrangle, the remnants of a royal palace, the view at a stunning escarpment that plunges 880m at the World’s End is worth witnessing in a lifetime. 1000-year-old Buddha sculptures at the Buduruwagala is a true treat for eyes. Experience the marvels of ancient art and culture at the Mulkirigala temple where the enchanting reclined structure of Buddha rests in peace beseeching its beholders to indulge in retrospection in the Zen ambiance.
Currency Exchange- Rs. 1 is equal to 2.39 Sri Lankan Rupee.
3. Nepal- Proximity, visa on arrival and weaker currency make Nepal, this landlocked country a tourist hotspot. The continual sublime mountain backdrop, with flattering curtains of prayer flags coupled with serene monasteries and wildlife watchtowers, is a steal deal vacation for an escape from mundane.
World peace pagoda, Maya Devi temple, Royal Thai Buddhist Monastery, Zhong Hua Chinese Buddhist Monastery, Cambodian Monastery, Hanuman Dhoka, Boudhanath Stupa and Swayambhunath Stupa will surely restore divinity in its visitors.
Joins the Sherpa’s on a trek to witness the majestic Mount Everest standing alone guarded by the mountain ranges alongside. It will be an experience of a lifetime.
Currency Exchange- Rs. 1 is equal to 1.60 Nepalese Rupee.
4. Bali- If the paradox of heaven was true then Bali is a piece of heaven on earth. The though evoking landscape, the captivating beaches, and ancient remnants make Bali a lovers paradise.
Choose from an array of beaches to swim, sunbathe and surf. Semiyank Beach, Nusa Dua Beach, Echo Beach, Jimbaran Bay, Balangan Beach, Keramas Beach, Padang Padang Beach, Medewi Beach. Once the soul has good enough of beaches, witness Bali’s oldest monument Gunung Kawi consisting 10 shrines carved from rock.
Currency Exchange- Rs. 1 is equal to 208.81 Indonesian Rupiah.
5. Vietnam – The second biggest producer of coffee in the world is the coffee junkie’s heaven. The streets of Vietnam welcome its spectators with the aroma of local delicacies such as pho and bun ca, noodle soup and more.
The country homes gigantic caves, some of which have been discovered as late as 2009. Vietnam is also treasuring Halong Bay, UNESCO’s World Heritage Site in the Gulf of Tonkin making is a worth sightseeing.
Currency Exchange- Rs. 1 is equal to 327.28 Vietnamese Dong.
6. Cambodia- The awe-striking temples, the wonderfully detailed architecture and natural pyrotechnics make Cambodia a magical kingdom that casts its spell on its visitor.
Angkor Wat, Bayon, Banteay Srei, Beng Mealea, Prasat Preah Vihear are some of the architectural marvels to witness.
Currency Exchange- Rs. 1 is equal to 57.41 Cambodian Riel.
7. Costa Rica- Live your Caribbean fantasies in the island paradise of Costa Rica. Beaches, water fall, and caves make this place enchanting.
Sipping mocktails and observing the gushing waves on the beaches is worth all the rupees you will spend.
Currency Exchange- Rs.1 is equal to 8.07 Costa Rican Colon
So, it’s Time to pack bags, Bon Voyage.
Author and Entrepreneur
Kapil Goswamy, CMD, BigBreaks.com
A travel professional with over 30 years of hands on experience in managing different verticals of the travel and tourism space, Kapil Goswamy continues to be the Managing Director of Trans World Travels (an IATA Travel Company handling Corporate Travel) , Trans India Holidays (one of India’s leading Inbound Tour Companies) and Trans World Holidays (Outbound and Domestic leisure) , businesses that he has founded , and successfully nurtured over a 25 year time period since 1990. With an absolutely hands on management style and a keen attention to detail, he leads the Group’s foray into the E-commerce venture.
Disclaimer : The views expressed by the author in this feature are entirely his own and do not necessarily reflect the views of INVC NEWS.