India and UAE sign MoU relating Human Trafficking
INVC NEWS New Delhi, The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and United Arab Emirates (UAE) on cooperation in preventing and combating of Human Trafficking. The MoU is expected to be signed very soon after the approval. The MoU will strengthen the bonds of friendship between the two countries and increase the bilateral cooperation on the issues of prevention, rescue, recovery and repatriation related to human trafficking especially women and children expeditiously. The following are the salient features of the MoU:
- To strengthen cooperation to prevent all forms of human trafficking, especially that of women and children and ensure speedy investigation and prosecution of traffickers and organized crime syndicates in either country.
- Taking preventive measures that would eliminate human trafficking in women and children and in protecting the rights of victims of trafficking.
- Anti-trafficking Cells and Task Forces will work on both sides to prevent human trafficking.
- Police and other concerned authorities will work in close cooperation and exchange information which can be used to interdict human traffickers.
- The repatriation of victims would be done as expeditiously as possible and the home country will undertake the safe and effective re-integration of the victims.
- A Joint Task Force with representatives from both sides would be constituted to monitor the working of the MoU.