Guidelines on Health
In the light of the increasing incidence of various ailments, Padma Shri and Dr B C Roy National Awardee Dr KK Aggarwal, President Heart Care Foundation of India has released a few guidelines.
· Keep your blood cholesterol less than 160 mg%. Even 1% reduction in cholesterol reduces the chances of heart attack by 2%.
· Uncontrolled diabetes and blood pressure can precipitate a heart attack. Keep these under check.
· Eat less, walk more.
· Regular exercise is good for health. The best exercise is 'wogging' which is a brisker than brisk walking.
· Soya products are good for health. These should form an essential ingredient of the diet.
· Fruits are better than juices. Brown rice better than polished rice and jaggery better than white sugar. Eat high fibre diet.
· Driving and drinking do not go together.
· Pregnant women must not drink. It harms the baby in the womb.
· Get your health check-up done at least once in a year.
· Salt intake should be restricted.
· Avoid APC where A stands for achar, P for papad and C for chutney.