- Presented in Rome by Chairwoman Nicoletta Giadrossi and CEO Luigi Ferraris
- Redefinition of the governance and new organisational set-up of the subsidiaries aggregated into four business hubs: “Infrastructure”, “Passengers”, “Logistics”, “Urban”
- Enabling factors of the plan: innovation, digitisation and connectivity, development of people
- Strategic initiatives to increase the degree of energy autonomy and sole control over international activities
- Around 40,000 hires expected over the course of the plan
- Kick-off of the “Un Tempo Nuovo” institutional campaign, marking the beginning of a new era, complex and full of promise
A long-term strategic and industrial vision supported by an investment plan of more than 190 billion euros over the next ten years. The 2022-2031 Business Plan of the Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane Group, which also envisages a profound redefinition of governance and a new organisational structure, was presented today in Rome by the Chairwoman of FS Italiane, Nicoletta Giadrossi, and the CEO, Luigi Ferraris.
The ten-year plan aims to ensure that infrastructure works are completed on schedule; prioritise multimodal collective transport over private transport; double rail freight compared to 2019; make rail and road infrastructure more sustainable, accessible, effectively integrated and resilient, expanding the network to reduce the gap between the country’s north and south; increase the Group’s level of energy autonomy through renewable sources and contribute to the ecological transition in this area as well.
In the international arena, the FS Group wants to ensure sole control over the business, aiming to generate further value in the countries where it is already present: France, Spain, Germany, Greece, the Netherlands and the UK. Outside Europe, Ferrovie dello Stato also plans to export integrated know-how through partnerships.