Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month
December has been designated National Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention (3D) Month, a time to raise awareness about the consequences of driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs, said Padma Shri & Dr. B.C. Roy National Awardee,Dr. KK Aggarwal, President, Heart Care Foundation of India.
Tips for sage drinking
- · About three in every ten persons is involved in an alcohol related crash at some point in their lives.
- · In 2006, nearly one-third of all traffic-related deaths in the United States were related to alcohol.
- · During the holiday season, and year-round, take steps to make sure that you and everyone you celebrate with avoids driving under the influence of alcohol.
- · Always designate a non-drinking driver before any holiday party or celebration begins.
- · Do not let a friend drive if they are impaired. Take the keys.
- · If you're hosting a party this holiday season, remind your guests to plan ahead and designate their sober driver, always offer alcohol-free beverages, and make sure all of your guests leave with a sober driver.
- · One is not safe for up to one hour after 19 gram of alcohol intake. 2 hours after 20 grams of alcohol intake and so on.