To acknowledge the extraordinary contribution of doctors and allied professionals hailing from the state of Rajasthan, Double Helical, India’s leading health magazine, announced the winners of ‘Double Helical State Health Awards 2016’ at Hotel Clarks Amer, Jaipur recently. More than 400 doctors from Rajasthan and Delhi and eminent persons from other fields witnessed the glittering awards ceremony in Jaipur.
This is the second time when the awards were conducted by the magazine after holding the ‘Double Helical National Health Awards 2016’ in Hotel Ashoka, New Delhi in March this year. The Jaipur event will be followed by similar gala events to be held in other states. By organizing the state awards event, the magazine took the capital of Rajasthan by storm. Eminent professionals from the medical, social and political fields took a keen part in the night long definitive event of the Indian healthcare sector.
The evening began with the lighting of the lamp by Shri Onkar Singh Lakhawat, Chairman, Rajasthan Archaeology Authority, Dr S S Agarwal, noted physician and currently the National President, Indian Medical Association (IMA), New Delhi, Dr Neelam Mohan, pioneer surgeon in Pediatric liver transplant, , BC Roy national awarded , Director Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology and Liver transplantation, Medanta Medicity Hospital , Gurgaon, Dr S P Yadav, Chairman and Managing Director, Pushpanjali Hospital, Gurgaon, and Amresh Kumar Tiwary, Editor-in-Chief, Double Helical. It was followed by inspiring speeches made by stalwarts of medical field and in between the audience was entertained with delightful dance and song performances.
Dr. SP Yadav, Chairman and Managing Director, Pushpanjali Hospital, Gurgaon was honoured for his valuable contribution in field of Surgery and Urology since 1984. He has also contributed to various social and public awareness programs and organized more than 220 camps in different parts of Haryana. He is also the president of Haryana Urological society which runs free health checkup camps for senior citizens and public awareness programmes all over Haryana.
Double Helical thanks to the great support from Dr Shiv Raj Singh, and Secretary General Dr Sarvesh Joshi Chairman, Hospital Board of India. It was an immaculate award show that honoured and felicitated doctors, hospitals and institutions for their tireless efforts for society.
The awardees were chosen after a rigorous selection amongst the medical community of the entire state of Rajasthan. The different award categories acknowledged the efforts of the who’s who of the Indian healthcare sector for their outstanding achievements in providing the best medical care with a healing touch.
List of Awardees :
- Achievement in Respective Fields and Social Work: Dr S S Agarwal, National President, Indian Medical Association (IMA), New Delhi.
- Award for Excellence in Neuroscience: Dr. Kamal Goyal, Director and Senior Neurosurgeon, IBS Hospital, the first superspeciality hospital in neurosciences in Rajasthan, established in 2007.
- Award for Affordable Diagnostic Tests: Dr. Gopal Singh Bhati, State General Secretary, IMA Rajasthan and former convener, Kota Divisional – National Medicos Organigation.
- Award for Transforming the Medical Landscape in Rajasthan: Dr. Sarvesh S Joshi, the Hon. Secretary of Indian Medical Association (Jaipur Branch) & Association of healthcare.
- Innovative Technique for Surgery: Dr. Ajeet Bana, a renowned CTVS surgeon with experience of over 10,000 surgeries associated with Eternal Heart Care Centre & Research Institute, Jaipur
- Award for Most Advanced ENT Surgeries: Dr Satish Jain, who owns the largest ENT Centre in the private sector in the country.
- Award for Best Achiever in Free Infertility: Dr Gunjan Jain, Medical Director, Jain Fertility & Mother Care Hospital, Jaipur.
- Best Andrology & Male Infertility Practitioner: Dr. M. N. Thareja, currently Hon. Secretary of the Council of Sex Education & Parenthood International and Vice president of National Association of Sexology, India.
- Award for Best Practicing ENT Surgeon: Dr Karan Singh Yadav, a practicing ENT surgeon who has been serving the people in and around Bhiwadi.
- Award for Best Innovative Treatment: Dr G.L Sharma, presently working as director and Chief Interventional Cardiologist at Jaipur Heart Institute, Jaipur.
- Award for Best Achiever in Public Health: Dr Moti Lal Jain, former Director, State Institute of Health and Family Welfare, Rajasthan.
- Award for Outstanding Performance in Pulse Polio Programme: Dr Mahesh Sharma, President of Indian Medical Association, Rajasthan. He is a founder President of IMA’s city branch in Bikaner in 1999.
- Award for Best Contribution in Free Medical Care: Rakesh Kumar Jain, Senior Professor, Dept of Plastic Surgery at SMS Medical College & Hospital at Jaipur. He has made great contribution in organising free medical, and blood donation camps along with Rotary Club and other social groups.
- Award for Pioneer in the Development of Cardiology: Prakash Chandwani, Director Chief Interventional Cardiologist with Heart and General Hospital in Jaipur. He has done more than 55,000 angiography and angioplasty surgeries in Rajasthan. He is a pioneer in the development of cardiology in Rajasthan.
- Award for Best Achiever in Reproductive Medicine and IVF: Dr M L Swarankar, Chairperson Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences and Technology Jaipur, which is first and only residential Medical University in the state of Rajasthan. Dr Swarankar is Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, a Physician of International Physiology and Specialist in Reproductive Medicine and IVF
- Award for Best Rapid Development and Advancement in Medical Field: Dr Shivraj Singh Rathore, Director, Marudhar Hospital, Jaipur and Marudhar Implant and Laser Dentistry Centre, Secretary, Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Rajasthan Branch and Chairperson – IMA , Rajasthan Branch.
- Award for Best Consultant in Medical Field: Dr Anil Kumar Gupta, a Senior Consultant Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital & Research Centre, JLN Marg, Jaipur.
- Award for Standards of Medical Education: Dr U S Agarwal, Senior Professor, Deptt. Of Skin & VD, and Principal, SMS Medical College & attached Hospital.
- Award for Individual Specialization in Respective Field: Dr Jitendra Singh Makkar, Senior Consultant Interventional Cardiologist, Electro-physiologist and Director Cardiology Eternal Hospital, Jaipur
Double Helical has always acknowledged the efforts of the doctors who play a very important role in the wellbeing of the society. They epitomize the hopes of patients. The contribution of doctors to make a difference in the society has been splendid for which we thought to do our bit by awarding them.