CSC is the live example of Social Entrepreneurship
CSC SPV organized one day workshop on ‘CSC Empowering Citizens under Digital India’ as part of Iconic Week Celebration under 'AzadikaAmritMahotsav' at Siri Fort Auditorium.
The workshop – CSC Empowering Citizens under Digital India – aimed at showcasing the work done by Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLE) in promoting and delivering various G2C services through CSCs at grassroots across the nation. Around 2,500 VLEs attended the programme from across the country.Shri Ajay Sawhney, Secretary, MeitYinaugurated the workshop. He appreciated the efforts of the enterprising VLEs in providing services in the country.
Ajay Sawhney, Secretary, MeitY said, “Today is World Computer Literacy Day. We are celebrating it with CSC. Our VLEs have enabled Digital Literacy for 4 cr people under PMGDISHA. CSC movement is moving forward from strength to strength. Under Jan Dhan, we have opened around 30 cr bank accounts. Without VLEs’ support, it was not possible to achieve the goals of Financial Inclusion in rural India. Within a period of 4 months, our VLEs have done 8 creShram registrations which is really commendable. CSCs are influencing the life of every individual through it’s service delivery especially in rural India.”
“The network of 4.15 lakh centres in India has done excellent work in AEPS, Digital Literacy, Tele-Medicine, Insurance, Tele-law, Skill development. I am sure that we will be able to take CSC in each and every village in rural India. CSC is the live example of Social Entrepreneurship. I am sure that CSC will be the single stop solution for all the requirements of citizens in Rural India.”
Dr. Rajendra Kumar, Additional Secretary, MeitYsaid, “I am very happy to see that the VLEs are actively empowering rural India. The nation is changing rapidly and promoting digital inclusion and empowerment. VLEs should be an integral part of start-up India and MeitY will support the innovations done by CSCs across the country.Through CSC movement, we want to make a new India digitally empowered, financially enabled and actively participate in nation building. Digital India is for all caste, creed and colour, thus promoting the Social Inclusion.”
While welcoming the participants to the workshop Dr. Dinesh Tyagi, MD, CSC SPV said, “The VLEs are change makers of the nation. During covid, VLEs’ have done remarkable work. We have developed a unique model of Inclusion. We have done 20 crore Aadhaar, 9 crAyushman cards, 8 creShram so far through CSCs, in a very short span of time.CSC GrameeneStore has done business of 450 crore and 35 lakh transactions for various products. If we provide banking, insurance and pension toall the citizens at their doorsteps, then it will contribute in the inclusive growth and significant change in the economy.”
17 VLEs were awarded for their outstanding performance in various services.
Apart from Secretary-MeitY, the event was attended by Shri Abhishek Singh, President-NeGD, Shri Jaideep Mishra, JS-MeitY, Mr. Puneet Chawla - CMD Railtel, Mr. Anil Sethi, Vice President, India Channels, Dell Technologies, Mr. Kamal Arora, Senior Director-Dell Technologies, Mr. P Balaji, Chief Corporate Officer, Vodafone India, Mr. Victor Sundarrajan, Infosys Springboard, Mr. Yogendra Kumar, Marketing Director-IFFCO among others.
On this occasion, following services were launched.
1. Agreement with Railtel:RailTel and CSC have signed MOU for partnership to leverage each other's strength for increasing broadband penetration in rural/ semi urban aeas for bridging the digital divide. While RailTel is one of the largest neutral Telecom Service and ICT solutions provider having pan India presence , CSC is enabling rural population with host of e-governance services for digital inclusion. Digital Kiosks established by RailTel at rural/semi urban Railway stations will be operated by VLEs of CSC for e-enablemnt of citizens and spreading awareness about RailWire services.
Talking about the partnership, Sh. Puneet Chawla, CMD/RailTel, said, ‘We are happy to join hands with CSC to utilize our infrastructure at stations to bring digital services to masses. Together we can help GOI initiative for digital inclusion which will go a long way in bridging the digital divide and fulfil the Hon’ble Prime Minister's vision of Digital India.’
2.Digital and Financial Literacy Training through Mobile Vans.
Vodafone India Foundation and Learning Links Foundations are providing 8 mobile vans to CSC Academy which would be deployed in 8 Districts. The engagement and outreach plan under Digital & Financial Literacy is to create awareness about the scheme among rural and semi-urban citizens, stakeholders and general public. A total of 4 million people from the rural and semi urban households would be covered through these vans.
Dell Technologies is providing 6 mobile vans to CSC Academy which would be deployed in 6 Districts. The objective of the project is to provide skill courses, financial literacy, digital literacy and other citizen centric services though mobile vans.
The mode of mobile vans/buses is the strongest mode of awareness as it gets penetrated in each corner of the country. The mobile vans will disseminate information and impart training on the following:
- Digital literacy
- Financial literacy
- CSC services
- Skills Courses
- Covid-19 Appropriate Behaviour
3. Launch of CSC Pay: CSCPay is pure play UPI based application developed by CSC e-Governance Services India Limited. The application provides a safe, secure and convenient solution for cashless transactions to everyone across the country. CSCPay will on-board approximately 4 lakh VLEs as merchants within the UPI framework. Features of the application:
• Users can
a) Send payment
b) Request & collect payment
c) Scan & pay
• On-board digital merchants who can receive both, in-store and online payments.
4. CSC SPV and IFFCO signed MoU for bringing environmental change in Rural India: CSC SPV & IFFCO has signed MoUfor bringing environmental economic change in Rural India through Nano Urea and Speciality fertilizers.
5. Teleconsultation Solution on WhatsApp: CSC SPV launched a dedicated helpline on WhatsApp called ‘CSC Health Services Helpdesk’ on WhatsApp to provide a digitally inclusive teleconsultation solution for people including in rural and remotest parts of India. The helpdesk on WhatsApp makes it easy for people to seek support from administration, consult with doctors, access a wide range of Covid related resources and get their queries addressed.
The CSC Health Services Helpdesk on WhatsApp is free to use and will be available in Hindi and English. To access the helpdesk, all that WhatsApp users need to do is simply to send ‘Hi’ to the number +917290055552 and select the options to get connected to a doctor.
Mr. ShivnathThukral, Public Policy Director, WhatsApp India, said “Over the last one year, we’ve been making several efforts to ensure citizen focused services can be delivered on WhatsApp in order to make governance more engaging and easy, simple and efficient for citizens. We are proud of the work we have done in this area, specially across health and access to Covid resources. CSC’s Health Services Helpline on WhatsApp will be a first of its kind tele-consultation chatbot in India. We are optimistic that this chatbot will prove to be an easy, convenient and reliable source of primary health care needs for people in India. Through our partnership with CSC we will continue to find innovative ways of making healthcare and other services more digitally and socially inclusive.”