This flagship programme prepares socially-committed young practitioners and students to bring exponential changes to the built environment
Anant National University (AnantU), a pioneer in its focus on providing education for Design and Sustainability, invites applications for the second cohort of Anant Fellowship, a one-year, post-graduate academic program – the first of its kind in the world.
The programme aims to nurture solutionaries (revolutionaries with tangible, constructive, innovative solutions) who work together on a year-long project to solve a complex real-life issue related to the Built Environment; issues such as transportation, water and waste management, heritage and conservation, urban planning, affordable housing etc.
With the belief that Built Environment is a tool for social change, the Anant Fellowship exposes its Fellows to interdisciplinary perspectives so that they go on to design solutions that are socially, environmentally, ethically, and economically appropriate.
Conceptualized in a unique manner, the programme combines academic rigour and intensity with first-hand experiential discovery to create a balance between theory and practice.
– Open to students from all backgrounds. Preference will be given to practitioners with 2+ years’ experience and students from the disciplines of architecture, design, planning, environmental sciences, civil and construction engineering, archaeology, heritage and conservation, and relevant social science disciplines of anthropology, sociology, history, psychology.
– Applicants must have a sound academic record and should have successfully completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree before the start of the Fellowship.
– Applicants must be able to show a demonstrated commitment to improving the Built Environment and an understanding of the issues pertaining to the area.
– Anant Fellowship is committed to diversity; we invite applications from students and professionals of all age-groups, socio-economic backgrounds, and geographies both in India and internationally.
Admission and Selection Process
– Resume, SOP, and Work Sample to be submitted electronically on or before Thursday, May 31, 2018 via the application form online.
– Candidates shortlisted will be invited for two rounds of telephonic and/or in-person interview before the final decision is communicated to them.
For more details, visit: http://anu.edu.in/fellowship