40 models to showcase NIIFT, Mohali collections in ‘Anukama 15’
Announcing this here today, Mr. K S Brar, Director, NIIFT said that ‘Anukama 15’ would feature 55 hands-on beautiful collections created by the students of Fashion Design Department , NIIFT Mohali and Ludhiana. Each student has individually worked on a theme and would present five ensembles related to that theme.
He said the show was a culmination of three years of knowledge, sweat and. The final presentation was an amalgamation of the learning that the students imbibed during their education at NIIFT. Through the media of colors, materials, finishes and techniques, the students would express individual statements as design solutions.
This time the audience will witness two special collections being sponsored by Tynor Orthotics Pvt. Ltd. the manufacturer of orthotic aids, fracture aids and rehabilitation equipment. The collections will have a vibrant designer look with concepts of geometrics, polka dots, flowers and figurine of birds incorporated in their exclusive ortho products. Arguably this is the first attempt to merge orthotic aids with high fashion in India. Tynor Orthotics will also be giving an annual award of Rs. 25000/- to the best student of M. Sc Garment Manufacturing Technology program from the next session.
Meanwhile Mr. Madan Mohan Mittal, Minister , Industries and Commerce, Technical Education& Industrial Training, Punjab will be Chief Guest during occasion. Mr. Larbi Reffouh, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Morocco will be the Guest of Honor for the event. He will be accompanied by his wife Mrs. Sabah Kalai Reffouh. Mr. Anirudh Tiwari, Principal Secretary, Department of Industries & Commerce, Punjab and Chairman, NIIFT and Mr. SR Ladhar, IAS, Secretary and Director, Industries and Director General, NIIFT shall preside over the function.
An eminent jury from fashion and textile experts has invited to evaluate the collection for the awards. The jury includes; Dr. Kavita Marriya, Fashion Consultant, Ms. Anita Sharma , Sr Lecturer, Home Science, Department of Vocational Studies and Ms. Tanisha Thiara, Head, British Council, Chandigarh.
The students have guided by their mentors, Dr. Poonam Aggarwal, Dr. Simrita Singh, Ms. Deepti Sharma, Mr. Madan Lal, Mr. Gobiend Rai, Ms. Navdeep Kaur, Ms. Ramanpreet and Ms. Navneet Suman.
Over 40 male and female models would walk the ramp adding further glam quotient to the student’s creations. The choreographer for this year’s show is Kaushik Ghosh.
His teams of well known female models are-
- Amanpreet Wahi-Super Model
- Himani Thapa- Super Model, lead Model for Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week and Lakme Fashion Week
- Shilpa Singh-Miss India Miss Universe
- Hida-Miss Diva Universe, Femina Style Diva 2014
- Meenakshi Chaudhary-Miss Diva Universe 2 -2014
- Reena-Winner of Best Body Title at the Prestigious Indian International Princess 2014
- Anchal Chaudhary-Top Finalist of the Prestigious Indian Princess 2014 Pageant
- Priyanka Bhau-1st Runner up at the Asian Super Model Contest
- Anamika Benn-Finalist of Miss India Worldwide, Winner of Miss Delhi
- Bharti Hazarika-One of Delhi's Leading Fashion Model
- Rajul-Leading Delhi Based Model
- Kimmi-Delhi's Leading Fashion Model
- Indrani-Walked the ramp for International Fashion Brands like -Aurelia, W, AND, Vero Moda and one of the Contestant for the forthcoming Femina Miss India.